These easy, cheesy twice-baked potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal! Made with simple ingredients, they are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Checkout this video:
The Kansas City Twice Baked Potato is a potato dish that is popular in the city of Kansas City, Missouri. The dish consists of a potato that is baked, then mashed, and then baked again with cheese and bacon on top. The dish is often served as a side dish to steak or chicken.
What You Will Need
-4 large baking potatoes
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup butter, softened
-4 green onions, chopped
-1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 dash pepper
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cut potatoes in half length-wise and scoop out the pulp, being careful not to tear the skins. Reserve the pulp for another use.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in salt and garlic powder. Brush each potato skin with this mixture.
4. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until skins are crispy.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
6. In the same saucepan, saute onion in bacon fat until softened; stir in flour and mustard powder and cook for 1 minute longer.
7. Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat and stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.
8. Stir in bacon, 1/4 cup green onion, and salt and pepper to taste; spoon into potato skins.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining green onion; bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until potatoes are heated through
These Kansas City Twice Baked Potatoes are the perfect side dish to complement any meal! They are easy to make and can be tailored to your liking. Be sure to bake them until the potatoes are fork-tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately for best results. Enjoy!