From visiting the world’s largest museum dedicated to aircraft to taking a scenic drive through the Flint Hills, check out these 10 fun things to do in Kansas!
Checkout this video:
The Kansas City Zoo
The Kansas City Zoo is one of the best zoos in the country and is a great place to take the family. The zoo has over 200 acres of land and is home to over 1,000 animals. The zoo also has a great children’s zoo, an aquarium, and a botanical garden.
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is one of the finest art museums in the country and is located in Kansas City, Missouri. The museum has a vast collection of art from many different cultures and time periods. The museum also has a beautiful garden with sculptures by famous artists. Visitors can also take a tour of the museum or take a class on art history.
Kauffman Stadium, located in Kansas City, is the home of the Kansas City Royals baseball team. The stadium was built in 1973 and is named after Ewing Kauffman, the owner of the Royals from 1968 to 1993. The stadium has a capacity of over 37,000 and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Kansas City.
The Kansas Speedway
The Kansas Speedway is a 1.5-mile tri-oval race track in Kansas City, Kansas. The track has hosted NASCAR races since 2001. It is also home to the Hollywood Casino 400, which is a NASCAR Cup Series race that is held every October. The speedway has a seating capacity of 107,000 people and also features a museum that honors the history of NASCAR.
The Kansas State Fair
The Kansas State Fair is one of the biggest and best fairs in the country. This 10-day event features rides, games, food, and entertainment for the whole family. There is also a competitive aspect to the fair with exhibits ranging from livestock to horticulture. The Kansas State Fair is held annually in September in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Worlds of Fun
Worlds of Fun is a 230-acre amusement park in Kansas City, Missouri. The park has more than 100 rides, shows, and attractions, including seven world-class roller coasters. Visitors can also enjoy a water park, live entertainment, and dining options.
The Great Escape
If you are looking for a fun-filled vacation that the whole family will love, look no further than Kansas. This Midwestern state is home to some of the best attractions in the country, including theme parks, zoos, museums, and more. Here are 10 of the best things to do in Kansas:
1. Visit Worlds of Fun, a world-class theme park with more than 100 rides, shows, and attractions.
2. Spend a day at the Kansas City Zoo, one of the largest zoos in the United States.
3. Take a tour of the State Capitol building in Topeka.
4. Explore the The Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site in Topeka, which commemorates the landmark Supreme Court case that ended segregation in public schools.
5. Visit The Rainbow Fleet at Bass Pro Shops in Olathe, one of the world’s largest retail fishing stores.
6. Go on a safari at Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Goddard.
7. Spend a day at Exploration Place, a science museum in Wichita with hundreds of interactive exhibits.
8. Take a walk through Botanica, Wichita’s beautiful public garden with more than 10 gardens and 30 thematic areas to explore.
9. Visit Old Cowtown Museum in Wichita, an outdoor living history museum that tells the story of frontier life on the Kansas plains during the 1870s.
10. Have fun at Kiddie Park in Wichita, an old-fashioned amusement park with rides for young children
The Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center
With a planetarium, Hope X-Plane, and two amazing museums, the Cosmosphere is perfect for a fun day trip in Kansas. The hadron Collider exhibit is a must-see, as is the Apollo 13 command module. You can also take a tour of the on-site production facilities.
The Botanical Gardens
The Botanical Gardens are a great place to see some of the state’s native plants and flowers. The gardens are open year-round, and there is a wide variety of plant life to see, including some rare and endangered species. The gardens also have a butterfly house, which is a great place to see some of the state’s native butterflies.
The OZ Museum
The OZ Museum is a must-see for any fan of The Wizard of Oz. Located in Wamego, Kansas, the museum houses the largest collection of Wizard of Oz memorabilia in the world. Visitors can see items such as original film props, costumes, and art. The museum also has a replica of Dorothy’s house and a tornado simulator that brings the famous scene to life.