When is the State of Kansas Accepting Tax Returns?

The State of Kansas is now accepting tax returns for the 2018 tax year. If you have not filed your taxes yet, now is the time to do so.

Checkout this video:


The State of Kansas is now accepting tax returns for the 2019 tax year. If you have already filed your taxes with the IRS, you can expect to receive your refund within 8-10 weeks. If you have yet to file your taxes, you can do so by visiting theKansas Department of Revenue website.

Federal Tax Return Dates

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced that the federal tax filing deadline for 2019 is Wednesday, April 15, 2020. This is the day that individual tax returns are due. However, if you cannot file by the deadline, you can get an extension by filing Form 4868 with the IRS. This will give you until October 15 to file your return. You will still need to pay any taxes owed by April 15, even if you file for an extension. You can pay online, by phone, or by mail.

The Kansas Department of Revenue (DOR) has not yet announced the state tax filing deadline for 2019. However, it is usually the same as the federal deadline: April 15, 2020. Stay tuned for updates from the DOR.

If you need help preparing your taxes, there are many resources available. The IRS offers free tax help and free e-filing for taxpayers with simple returns. You can also find help at your local library or community center. For more information, visit the IRS website or the Kansas DOR website.

State Tax Return Dates

Every state has different tax laws, which means that the state you live in will determine when you can file your tax return. The state of Kansas requires that you file your tax return by April 15th. If you are not able to file your return by this date, you may be able to get an extension.

Filing an Extension

If you can’t file your return by the due date, you should file for an extension. You can get an automatic six-month extension of time to file your return by filing Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

You don’t have to explain why you need the extra time. However, if you owe any tax, you should estimate the amount and pay it with your extension request. Applicants who properly estimate their tax liability and enclose payment with their request will generally avoid interest and penalties. If you do not pay enough tax by the due date, you may be charged interest and penalties on the tax not paid.

To receive an extension, file Form 4868 by the regular due date of your return. Include your name, address, Social Security number (or individual taxpayer identification number), and the amount of tax payment enclosed. Make your check or money order payable to the “United States Treasury” for any tax you expect to owe.

Mail Form 4868 to:

Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 1303
Lenexa, KS 66215-1303


The State of Kansas is now accepting tax returns. If you have not yet filed your tax return, you should do so as soon as possible to avoid any penalties or interest charges.

Scroll to Top