It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Check out our list of the best places to see Christmas lights in Kansas City.
Checkout this video:
Looking to get into the holiday spirit? Check out some of these great places to see Christmas lights in Kansas City!
1. Country Club Plaza – This iconic KC landmark is transformed into a festive winter wonderland each year, with over a million lights adorning the shops and buildings. Don’t miss the iconic 96-foot tall talking Santa near the J.C. Nichols Fountain!
2. Crown Center – Take a stroll through Crown Center Square to see its towering 100-foot-tall tree, covered in nearly 30,000 LED lights. Then head indoors to enjoy holiday-themed displays and performances at Crown Center shops and attractions.
3. Parkville – Parkville’s Main Street goes all out for the holidays, with over a mile of lights strung up along the businesses and homes lining the street. Make sure to catch the synchronized light show set to music on select nights!
4. Liberty Memorial – The Liberty Memorial is illuminated for the holidays with over 22,000 energy-efficient LED lights. The light show runs from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, and is free to view from anywhere around the monument grounds.
5. Longview Lake – Drive or walk around Longview Lake to take in all the sights and sounds of the holiday season! You’ll find nearly 70 decorated trees, as well as miles of twinkling lights strung up along trails, fences, bridges, and more.
Best Places to See Christmas Lights in Kansas City
string of lights on a Christmas tree.Christmas lights are a holiday decoration typically used on the exteriors of homes and buildings. Many towns and cities also decorate public spaces with Christmas lights. If you’re looking for the best places to see Christmas lights in Kansas City, here are a few of the best places to check out.
Country Club Plaza
The Country Club Plaza is one of the best places to see Christmas lights in Kansas City. The Plaza is a historic shopping district that is known for its Spanish architecture and beautiful holiday displays. Every year, the Plaza is decorated with over a million lights, making it a must-see destination during the holiday season.
Crown Center is a special place to see holiday lights in Kansas City. Every year, the public space is transformed into a wonderland of lights, complete with an outdoor ice skating rink and festive holiday activities. The best part? It’s all free to enjoy.
If you’re looking for a place to take the family to see some beautiful holiday lights, Crown Center should definitely be at the top of your list.
The Garden of Lights at Powell Gardens is a cherished tradition for many families in the Kansas City area. The event features more than a million twinkling lights, including a mile-long path through the gardens that is adorned with festive displays. Visitors can also enjoy hot cocoa, roasted marshmallows and other holiday treats.
Zona Rosa is located in the Northland of Kansas City and is home to some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment in the city. During the holidays, the area is transformed into a magical winter wonderland with over one million lights on display. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through the light-lined streets, do some holiday shopping or enjoy a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants and cafes.
Whether you want to ooh and ahh over colorful displays from the comfort of your car or get up close and personal with some decorated homes, there are plenty of options for finding the best Christmas lights in Kansas City. With a little planning, you can make this holiday season even brighter.