Who Is Favored to Win UNC vs Kansas?

It’s the NCAA tournament’s Round of 32 and the top-seeded Jayhawks are set to take on the North Carolina Tar Heels. Who is favored to win this matchup?

Checkout this video:

The Matchup

Kansas comes in to this game as the favorite, but UNC has proved they can compete with anyone. This will be a matchup of two of the best teams in the country. Kansas is led by their star player, Joel Embiid, who is averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds per game. UNC is led by their star player, Marcus Paige, who is averaging 17 points and 4 assists per game.

UNC’s Record

The UNC basketball team has an impressive record this year. They have won 27 games and lost 3. Their last loss was to Virginia on March 2nd. They are ranked #1 in the nation and are the top seed in the ACC tournament. They have won 17 games in a row and are favored to win against Kansas in the Sweet Sixteen.

Kansas’ Record

Kansas comes into the game with a 30-3 record. They have losses to Kentucky, UCLA, and Iowa State. Their last loss was to Iowa State on February 4th. They have won 14 games in a row since then. They have wins over Baylor, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma.

The Players

The North Carolina Tar Heels are set to take on the Kansas Jayhawks in the NCAA tournament. The Jayhawks are a strong team, but the Tar Heels have the firepower to win. Here are the key players for each team.

UNC’s Star Players

UNC has a number of incredibly talented players that have led the team to success so far this season. Some of the team’s top players include:

-Junior guard Coby White is averaging 16.1 points per game and is a key player on both ends of the court.

-Sophomore guard/forward RJ Barrett is averaging 22.8 points and 7.5 rebounds per game and is one of the most versatile players in the country. He is a nightmare for opposing defenses and has been a key reason for UNC’s success this season.

-Freshman forward Nassir Little is averaging 10.4 points and 5.2 rebounds per game. He is an excellent defender and has been a key contributor for UNC off the bench.

Kansas’ Star Players

In order for Kansas to win, their star players will need to shine. Here are some of the key players that need to have a good game:

-Devon Dotson: A sophomore guard, Dotson is the Jayhawks’ leading scorer. He is averaging 18.1 points per game and needs to continue to be a force on offense if Kansas wants to win.

-Udoka Azubuike: A senior center, Azubuike is one of the best big men in the country. He is averaging 13.7 points and 10.5 rebounds per game and will need to dominate the paint against UNC.

-Ochai Agbaji: A freshman guard, Agbaji has been a pleasant surprise for Kansas this season. He is averaging 11.3 points per game and will need to step up in a big way if the Jayhawks want to win.

The Coaches

UNC’s Coach

UNC’s Coach is currently favored to win the upcoming game against Kansas. This is based on several factors, including the team’s recent performance, the strength of the coaching staff, and the overall talent of the squad. However, it is important to remember that anything can happen on game day, so this is by no means a guarantee.

Kansas’ Coach

Kansas’ Coach Bill Self is in his 16th season with the Jayhawks. He has a career record of 524-184, and his teams have won at least a share of 13 straight Big 12 regular-season titles. His Kansas teams have also been to the NCAA Tournament in each of the past 15 seasons, reaching the Elite Eight six times and the Final Four three times.

The Prediction

It is finally March Madness time and that means it is time to start thinking about who is going to win it all. This year there are a few teams that stand out above the rest. The University of North Carolina Tar Heels and the Kansas Jayhawks are two of those teams. They are both number one seeds in their respected regions and have looked unstoppable all year. So, who is favored to win UNC vs Kansas?

Who the Experts Are Picking

The vast majority of experts are favoring UNC to win this matchup.

ESPN’s FPI gives UNC a 66.4% chance to win, while Kansas has just a 33.6% chance.

FiveThirtyEight’s RAPTOR model also favors the Tar Heels, giving them a 61% chance of winning, while the Jayhawks have just a 39% chance.

Sports Illustrated’s Michael Shapiro also believes UNC will prevail, writing that “the Tar Heels have too much size, too much scoring balance and too much defensive intensity for the Jayhawks”.

It seems like the majority of those in the know are siding with the Tar Heels in this one.

Scroll to Top