Why Was the Kansas City Game Delayed?

On October 27th, a severe thunderstorm caused the power to go out at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The game between the Chiefs and the Raiders was then delayed for 30 minutes.

Checkout this video:

Reasons for the Delay

The game between the Kansas City Royals and the Chicago White Sox was postponed due to inclement weather. The game was scheduled to start at 7:05pm CT, but was delayed due to heavy rains and thunderstorms in the area. The game was eventually postponed at 8:15pm CT.

Weather Conditions

The game was delayed due to severe weather conditions. A tornado warning had been issued for the area, and the game was halted in the middle of the second quarter. The teams were sent to their respective locker rooms, and fans were asked to seek shelter in the concourses. The game resumed after about an hour, with the Chiefs leading 21-10.

Power Outage

The game between the Chiefs and the Rams was delayed for about 10 minutes in the third quarter on Monday night after a power outage at the Superdome in New Orleans.

The outage occurred with 8:13 remaining in the third quarter and the Chiefs leading, 24-23. The game resumed at 8:23 p.m.

The Superdome’s emergency lights immediately came on, and play was halted. A generator failure appears to be the cause of the outage, according to Entergy New Orleans, which provides power to the stadium.

Impact of the Delay

The much-anticipated game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Houston Texans was scheduled to start at 7:20 p.m. EST on Thursday, Oct. 11. Just 20 minutes before kickoff, the game was postponed due to severe weather conditions in the area. The game was later rescheduled to start at 8:50 p.m. EST on Sunday, Oct. 14. This article will explore the impact of the delay on both teams.


Some fans were not happy with the delay, as they had been waiting in line for hours to get into the stadium. One fan told reporters that he had been waiting in line for two hours and that the delay was “unacceptable.”


The game was delayed for several hours due to a severe thunderstorm that swept through the area. The storm caused heavy rains and high winds that damaged the field and the seating areas. The game eventually resumed, but the delay caused many fans to leave early.

Players from both teams were visibly affected by the delay. Some players sought shelter in the locker room, while others took cover on the sidelines. Several players were seen praying or meditating during the delay.

The game resumed after a few hours, but it was clear that the delay had impacted both teams. The Kansas City Chiefs went on to win the game, but it was a close match.

Television Viewers

The game was delayed for about an hour due to severe weather in the area, and fans who were tuned in at the time were not happy. The delay meant that many people who had planned to watch the game on television missed out on seeing the Chiefs win their first Super Bowl in 50 years.

Some fans took to social media to express their frustration, while others simply changed the channel and moved on. But for those who stuck around, the wait was well worth it. The game resumed and ended with a bang, as the Chiefs came from behind to defeat the San Francisco 49ers 31-20.

How the Delay Was Handled

The game was delayed due to weather conditions. The game was set to start at 8:00 p.m. but due to the weather, it was pushed back to 9:00 p.m. The game was originally going to be played in Kansas City, but due to the weather, it was moved to Omaha.

By the Referees

The game was delayed by the referees for 10 minutes in the 4th quarter. This is because the stadium was not able to provide power for the field goal lights. The game resumed after generators were brought in to provide power.

By the Teams

The game was delayed for 30 minutes due to lightning in the area. Both teams were notified of the impending delay and took shelter in their respective locker rooms. The game resumed once the elected officials determined it was safe to do so.

What Could Have Been Done Differently?

The game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Houston Texans was delayed for thirty minutes due to a weather delay. The game was played in Houston, Texas and the weather was not an issue until right before kickoff. Many fans were already in their seats when the delay happened and it caused a lot of frustration. Some people are wondering if anything could have been done differently.

By the Referees

The officials for the Kansas City game were criticized for not properly delaying the game when lightning was in the area. They said that they did not see the lightning and that they were not sure if it was close enough to delay the game.

By the Teams

It is unfair to single out any one team for criticism in this instance. Both teams played under the same conditions and were equally affected by the weather. That said, there are some things that both teams could have done differently to prepare for the game.

For starters, both teams should have been aware of the forecasted weather conditions and taken steps to ensure that their players were properly dressed for the cold. This means more than just providing jackets and gloves; it means making sure that players are wearing thermal underwear, long johns, and other layers that will keep them warm even if they get wet.

In addition, both teams should have been prepared with an alternate plan in case the game was postponed or cancelled due to weather. This plan should have included a way to communicate with fans in case of a last-minute change, as well as a contingency plan for rescheduling the game if necessary.

unfortunate that the game had to be delayed, but it is not anyone’s fault. With a little bit of planning, both teams could have avoided this situation altogether.


After further review, it was determined that the game should not have been delayed and that the correct call was made on the field.

Scroll to Top